My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

WWI Draft Cards

After doing the research on naturalization, I realized that I did not have the WWI draft registration card for Arnaldo. I did a quick search to find it on ancestry and nothing came up. I tried the space in the name and still nothing. I knew it had to be in there - so I tried to search for all the Arnaldo's in MA born between 1872-1882. Success again with Arnaldo! The record for an Arnaldo DiNicola came up. It still amazes me that I have missed some of these records in the past.

To Do
1. Enter any new information from WWI draft registration into family tree
2. Create a list of any other men born in this time frame that should have a draft record

No comments: