My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Edmund Quincy

In the letter referenced in my last blog written by Anne Warren Weston, a Mr. Quincy is discussed. I wanted to find out who Mr. Quincy was, so I looked closer at the article for some more clues. It does state that Mr. Quincy wrote parts of the Annual Reports for the Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society, specifically for the years 1842 and 1843. Looking at the annual reports for those years, the only Quincy mentioned is Edmund Quincy.

I found a little bit of information on Edmund. It seems he would take charge of the newspaper, The Liberator, when William Lloyd Garrison was absent. Here is a link to the Liberator Files website, with articles written by, or referencing, Edmund Quincy. I also looked into his genealogy, and found a page on his immigrant ancestor - Edmund Quincy. I did a quick family tree from this information. It looks like the immigrant Edmund Quincy is the 5th great grandfather of our anti-slavery writer Edmund Quincy.

No comments: