My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Family History

A family history blog has been on my mind for a couple of months now, so I have finally decided to go for it. My hesitation was that I would not have enough things to post. I am not sure why I thought this as I spend most of my free time researching my family history. This blog is a good way to keep track of my thoughts and research notes, and maybe someone will find information they are looking for too. There will be periods of time when I am not researching, which will probably start to happen in the summer. February through April seems to be when I get back into researching, so hopefully I will have lots to say this month.

No comments: