My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

antonio jacintho de amaral

Antonio Jacintho de Amaral is another one of my husband's third great grandparents.  He is the husband of Margarida Izabel, who I wrote about it my previous post.  I was able to find his baptismal record from the church of Nossa Senhora da Anunciação in Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel, Açores.

church where Antonio Jacintho de Amaral was baptized in 1815
Nossa Senhora da Anunciação in Achada, Nordeste, Sao Miguel, Açores
Igreja da Achada, Nordeste, ilha de São Miguel, Açores.JPG
"Igreja da Achada, Nordeste, ilha de São Miguel, Açores" by José Luís Ávila Silveira/Pedro Noronha e Costa - Own work. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons.

Antonio was born on September 12, 1815 in Achada.  His father is Bento Soares and his mother is Josefa do Amaral; both are also from Achada, Nordeste, São Miguel, Açores.  As I expected, Antonio's baptismal record includes both sets of grandparents.  His paternal grandparents are Antonio Soares Robello and and Maria do Santos.  His maternal grandparents are Jose de Silva and Antonia Amaral.


When I entered these names into my tree on ancestry.com, I found another user had done some research on this family.  It looks like Antonio had a sister, Margarida, who had a son, Joao Soares Andrade.  Joao apparently took his family to Honolulu, Hawaii, where he died.  This would be Antonio's nephew and Antonio de Amaral Pereira's cousin.  I know that many people from the Azores immigrated to Hawaii; I did not know my husband had ancestors there, and probably still has distant cousins there.   

I will have to look in the records to see if I can find Antonio's sister, Margarida.  I will also have to browse through the records to find other siblings.  I think my next record to find; though, will be Antonio's parents' marriage and baptismal records, Bento and Josefa. 

No comments: