My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

pompeo updates part 5 (amedio's great grandparents)

Amedio's last set of great grandparents on his maternal line, Angelo Sante di Lorenzo and Raffeala di Rico, lived in San Valentino (present name is San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore), a neighboring town of Torre de Passeri, Italy. 

Angelo Sante di Lorenzo and Raffaela di Rico family chart

The birth records available online do not go back before 1866 in San Valentino, so I am not sure if they had more than two children.  Even though their two daughters were born in San Valentino, I found them through their marriage records in Torre de Passeri, as they both married men in that commune.  Amedio's great grandmother Donata Lucia married Ruggiero Gagliardi. 

Angelo Sante di Lorenzo was deceased by 1871, when his oldest daughter was married.  The death records for San Valentino do not go back before 1871 online at FamilySearch, so I am unable to bring Angelo's line back any further.  I will have to order microfilm for San Valentino to find some more ancestors, and possibly find more children of Angelo and Raffaela. 

Angelo's wife, Raffeala di Rico, moved to Torre de Passeri at some point after her husband Angelo's death.  She died in Torre de Passeri in 1892 at the age of 72.  According to her death record, she did not remarry after her husband died.

Looking through the records for both the communes of Torre de Passeri and San Valentino, there are more di Lorenzo's in Torre de Passeri than in San Valentino; however, there are many di Rico's in San Valentino.  It seems likely that Angelo's family may have been from Torre de Passeri and he moved to San Valentino, where his wife Raffeala di Rico was born.  If I find Angelo's death or marriage record from the San Valentino microfilm, it will show where Angelo was born. 

The map below shows the two communes/towns, divided by a mountain.  Torre de Passeri is the red marker, San Valentino is the green marker.   



This is a view of the mountains from San Valentino - image from panoramio user Gracia Yolanda.


This is a picture of the cathedral in San Valentino from the Wikipedia page.

No comments: