My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

lucy ann holbrook torrey (part 4 of 4)

civil war

The civil war began when Lucy was about 35 years old, which means she probably had family members that fought in the war.  I did a search on the U.S. Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles database on ancestry.com for anyone that lived in Weymouth, MA with Lucy's maiden name of Holbrook, her married name of Torrey, and her mother's maiden name of Bates; leaving the first name blank.  The following is a list of the names that came up that I also had in my family tree related to Lucy. (note 1) 

Lucy’s brother Jeremiah Holbrook
Lucy's brother-in-law (Nathaniel's brother) Franklin Sumner Torrey
Lucy’s cousin George A Holbrook (Uncle Oran Holbrook’s son)
Lucy’s cousin Charles E Holbrook (Uncle Oran Holbrook’s son)
Lucy’s cousin Quincy Holbrook (Uncle Daniel Holbrook’s son)
Lucy’s cousin William Augustus Holbrook (Uncle William Holbrook’s son)
Lucy's cousin once removed Samuel Addison Bates (Uncle Elijah Bates grandson)
Lucy's cousin once removed George E Bates (Uncle Elijah Bates grandson)
Lucy’s cousin James Lawrence Bates (Uncle Elijah Bates' son)
James Lawrence Bates


notes:
1.  This is not an exhaustive list as I limited my search to only three surnames, leaving out any sisters with children of a different name.  I also limited my search to those living in Weymouth.  I just wanted a quick list of those that Lucy may have had close contact with.

No comments: