My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

euphemia anna fish macconney (part 2 of 5)

marriage

Euphemia did not stay in Maine for long. By 1860, Euphemia moves to Massachusetts and meets her future husband, James MacConney.

 At 21 years old, in June of 1860, Euphemia marries James in Abington, MA. Euphemia, who seems to sometimes go by her middle name of Anna now, may have come to Abington with her brother Lee Fish, who marries in that town in 1858. (I will refer to Euphemia as Anna from now on)

I have not been able to find Anna in the 1860 census; maybe she was in between moves since she marries the same year as the census. She is not living with her parents, or her future husband James, or her brother Lee. Her sister Nancy and parents John and Cynthia Fish all stay in Maine throughout their lives.

The marriage record of Anna and James states they were married by H D Walker, congregational minister. The book, History of Abington (note 1), states H D Walker was a minister of the Third Church in East Abington, a congregational church. I assume Anna and James were living in the eastern part of Abington if they attended this church. The only historical map of Abington I have found on ancestry.com was from 1879. There is a J McCorney listed on this map, but matching the names around this residences found in the 1880 census; this J McCornney is actualy James' father James McConihe.
Third Congregational Church from the History of Abington, MA


notes:
1. Hobart, B. (1866). History of the town of Abington, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, from its first settlement. Boston: T.H. Carter and Son. (p 164) (Google eBook)

No comments: