My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

euphemia anna fish macconney (part 3 of 5)

civil war

Anna was about 22 years old when the civil war started.  She had some relatives from both Massachusetts and Maine enlist as soldiers, including her husband and her brother.  Her husband James enlisted in August of 1864.  Anna would have been home with my great great grandmother, Amy, who was almost three years old and another child, Walter, who was only 4 months old.  At this time, Anna's parents are in Maine, but her parents-in-law (James and Sylvia MacConney), brother (Lee), and a sister-in-law (Lavina MacConney Raymond) all live in the same town as Anna, Abington, MA.  They do not seem to be on the same street as Anna beacuse she is enumerated more than 10 pages after all of them; but they may have been close enough to have visits with each other if they found the time. 

 

Information from the following database on ancestry.com
James F Macconney - Anna's husband

Lee Britton Fish - Anna's brother

Uzza Thomas - Anna's brother-in-law (sister Nancy's husband)
  • Regiment Name: 8 Maine Infantry Regiment
  • Rank In: Private

Willard Jones Fish - Anna's Half-Uncle (father John Fish's half-brother)
  • 30th Regiment, Maine Infantry

No comments: