My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Monday, February 22, 2010

pierre labrecque and marie marthe coulombe

My 8th great-grandfather, Pierre Labrecque, married Marie Marthe Coulombe, February 22nd, 1694, three hundred and sixteen years ago today. They were married in St. Laurent on the Ile D'Orleans, Quebec, Canada. According to the Drouin database on Ancestry.com, they had 3 boys and 2 girls. Their oldest son, Joseph Labrecque is my 7th great-grandfather. I have been able to trace my Labrecque family back to Pierre through the detailed records that were kept in Canada and recorded in the Drouin database. There is also a Labrecque Family Association that has traced the Labrecque line back to Pierre's father, Pierre, who came from St. Jacques, Dieppe, Normandy, France. According to the Association, this Pierre came to Ile D'Orleans, Quebec in 1659. Another website I found useful for locating Canadian records is Yourfolks.com. Once I type in a family name, the database gives me a list of marriages for people with those names. The site also links children and their marriages, including church locations. I then check the copy of the original records in Drouin.

To Do:
1. History of Dieppe, Normandy France and why left to go to Ile D'Orleans.
2. What was life like on Ile D'Orleans
3. Try to get more information from the book I have that is in French, Pierre Labrecque en Nouvelle-France bers 1657.

No comments: