My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Margaret Dewar Ferguson

Happy Birthday to my 2nd great grandaunt, Margaret Dewar Ferguson, born February 6, 1862 in Kettins, Forfarshire, Scotland. She was the oldest of nine children to my third great grandparents, Peter Ferguson and Margaret McIntosh. I do not have a record of a marriage for Margaret, I am not sure I have searched the civil registration records on scotlandspeople.gov.uk, but that would be my next step in finding more about the life of Margaret. I would assume if she was married that it would be in or around Kettins, since her parents were still living in Kettins in 1881, according to the census. She does not live with her family at this time. The three different scenarios I have come across while doing research for Scotland relatives are that she could have married and moved, she could have become a servant to another household or farm, or she could have passed away. Searching in the Civil Registration index will answer these questions.

To Do:
1. search civil registration on http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ for a marriage or death record of Margaret Ferguson around 1881.

Links of interest
1. A Vision of Britain Through Time : Kettins

No comments: