My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Monday, February 10, 2014

eugenia farneti denicola faiella (part 3 of 3)

I put together all the information I have found from various sources on Eugenia Farneti Faiella to see if I could narrow down her birth date.

Birth Date

The sources I have for Eugenia's birth are:
  • August 31, 1903 passenger record she is 42 years old : born between Aug 1861-Aug 1862
  • May 1906 passenger record she is 44 years old : born between May 1862-May 1863
  • May 1906 border crossing she is 44 years old : born between May 1862-May 1863
  • 1920 census she is 56 years old (suppose to be status as of jan 1) : born  between Jan 1864- Jan 1865
  • 1930 census she is 68 years old (suppose to be status as of apr 1) : born between Apr 1862 - Apr 1863
  • May 1937 death obituary she is 67 years old : born between May 1870 - May 1871
Eugenia's age at death in 1937 of 67 seems unlikely, as the 1930 census states that she is 68 years old.  The ages in the other sources seem to correspond more closely to the 1930 census.  I would think the earliest record I have of Eugenia, her passenger records, might be more accurate.  So I am guessing her date of birth to be between the years of 1861-1864.  If we also take into account that she was 16 years old when she first married, according to the 1930 census, it seems likely she could have married Adolph before Luigi at a young age.  The first child I have a record of for Eugenia and Luigi is their daughter Elvira who was born around 1885.  The only child of Eugenia and Adolph that I have a record for is Arnaldo, who was born in September of 1879.  That is a large gap, although it is possible Eugenia and Luigi left children in Italy when they emigrated.  Arnaldo's year of birth is significant though; if Eugenia was born between 1862-1864, she would have been around 16 or 17 years old when she had him.  Again, this corresponds with the date of her first marriage at the age of 16.  

When I am able to search for Eugenia's birth records, I will focus on these years.  Also, according to one of Eugenia and Luigi Faiella's children's birth record, (Guy born in Chicago, IL); Eugenia was born in Rome.  Another clue for finding her birth record.  I also have sources which state my great grandfather, Arnaldo DeNicola, was born in Rome; which makes the connection even closer between them.   To sum up their connections:
  1. I have a picture of Arnaldo's children with Eugenia's other grandchildren through her marriage to Luigi Faiella : and distant cousins stating that Eugenia was married to a DeNicola before she married Faiella
  2. both Eugenia Farneti Faiella and Arnaldo DeNicola were born in Rome, Italy
  3. both Eugenia Farneti Faiella and Arnaldo DeNicola eventually lived in Prezza, Italy before they immigrated to the United States.
  4. both Eugenia Farneti Faiella and Arnaldo DeNicola eventually settled in Quincy, MA
  5. birth year of Arnaldo DeNicola in 1879 would be close to when Eugenia Farneti Faiella's first marriage occurred, when she was 16 years old.    
If Arnaldo is the son of Eugenia Farneti Faiella, then according to Michael LoDico's website and Facebook page, this is my 2nd great grandmother, Eugenia...

Eugenia Farneti Faiella
picture courtesy of Michael LoDico



No comments: