My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Monday, February 10, 2014

eugenia farneti denicola faiella (part 1 of 3)

My last post was about my Italian immigrant ancestor, one of my second great grandmothers, Francesca Lucente.  Another second great grandmother of mine was also from Italy, Eugenia Farneti.  Eugenia's first husband was Adolph DeNicola, my second great-grandfather.  I believe Adolph died in Italy, and Eugenia married a second time to Luigi Faiella.  Again, I have not had much success finding information on this family in Italian records.  The only information I have on Adolph is his name.  However; unlike my last post with Francesca Lucente, I was able to find what I think is Eugenia's passenger record.  If I have the correct Eugenia, she actually traveled back and forth between Italy and and various other countries with her second husband and their children.

I know Adolph DeNicola and Eugenia Farneti are my second great grandparents from the death certificate of my great grandfather, Arnaldo DeNicola, translated from Mass Document Retrieval.  I do have some evidence from Arnaldo's naturalization papers and his passenger records that Arnaldo was born in Rome, Italy.  This would make Rome a place to look for more information on his parents, Adolph and Eugenia.  I have not looked yet to see if there are records for Rome online, as I do not know which church or area of Rome Arnaldo was from.

The only information I have that links Arnaldo's mother Eugenia Farneti to a second husband is from Facebook.  A distant cousin's Facebook page, Michael LoDico, includes pictures of my grandfather, Remo DeNicola, as a young child.  The discussion under this photo mentions that Remo's grandfather, Adolph DeNicola, died and his wife, Eugenia, later married Luigi Faiella.  The picture with my grandfather, Remo DeNicola, also includes some of his siblings along with some Faiella children that were grandchildren of Eugenia Farneti Faiella.  Remo is the son of Arnaldo, and therefore the grandson of Eugenia Farneti.  This does show that there is some sort of a connection with the DeNicola's and the Faiella's.  I think that it is very likely Arnaldo's mother, Eugenia Farneti, is the same Eugenia Farneti that marries Luigi Faiella; which is what all the cousins on Facebook have posted.  Remo is the first boy on the left, middle row, with bowl-cut next to boy in hat.

Rudolfo and Jenny LoDico Faiella with Faiella and DeNicola children
picture courtesy of Michael LoDico


Now that I have some evidence that Eugenia Farneti DeNicola and Eugenia Farneti Faiella are the same person, I looked into finding more information on Eugenia Farneti Faiella in Massachusetts; hoping to find documentation that Eugenia Faiella was once married to Adolph DeNicola.

In my next post I will focus on finding the following in United States records:
  • marriage record to Luigi Faiella
  • passenger record
  • census records
  • death record
  • burial record

No comments: