My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

google+

I have been trying to stay current in genealogy - I usually read genealogy blogs of interest to me through my google reader on my iphone. This has worked very well when I find the time to read, but I think right now I have almost 200 blog posts to read. I recently also joined Google+, and have added some geneabloggers to follow. I just watched the webinar from Legacy Family Tree, Google+ the Next Big Thing and found ways to search for geneabloggers on Google+. I added a few to my circles and look forward to seeing the information added to my stream. I did find an interesting post from Joan Miller, a video on explaining relationships between people, Consanguinity - Made Simple by Lisa Lee. I am sure I will be looking back to this video frequently as cousin relationships still confuse me.

No comments: