My Family

I created this blog to keep track of my family history research. I do most of my research online.

The Francis name is my husband's which was originally Francisco from Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal. He also has ancestors from Sweden and England. So far, I have found that my family has come from Italy, England, French Canada, Scotland, and Ulster Ireland (Scotch Irish).

I have also taken a DNA test, which shows mostly Italian, but also England and France.

Monday, August 22, 2011

central cemetery middleboro, ma

Yesterday we were driving home from buying some very delicious peaches at Ashley's Peaches in Acushnet and we decided to stop at a cemetery in Middleboro on the way home. I was not sure which cemetery one of my Raymond ancestors was buried at (Priscilla (Raymond) Glaziur - my 4th great grandaunt), but I knew it was one in Middleboro.

I had borrowed the book, Old Cemeteries of Southeastern Massachusetts, from the library a couple of months back and found Priscilla listed. I was hoping that if I found Priscilla I may also find her parents, my 5th great grandparents, Cynthia (Dunham) Raymond and her husband Samuel Raymond. From memory, I thought the cemetery was Central Cemetery, so we stopped there and walked around looking for any Dunhams, Raymonds, or Glaziurs. There were some Dunhams and some Raymonds, but they were not familiar names to my tree and the deaths were more recent than what I was looking for. We did not find Priscilla either, but we had all four of our children with us and it was a hot day. Needless to say we did not look at every headstone.

I took some pictures of the headstones but none are in my family. I looked up my notes for Priscilla, and found we were at the wrong cemetery anyway. Priscilla is buried at the cemetery at the green - which I believe is now Parish Cemetery. I had my iPhone with me at the time and could have looked this information up on my previous blog post, but I did not. That is fine though, as no cemetery walk is wasted. Next time I will stop at the Parish Cemetery though and hopefully find Priscilla.

Here are some pictures of some Dunhams and Raymond headstones:



















No comments: